What I use: Mid-2018 Edition

I figured out a tiny section in my About page isn't the best way to show my current things that I use daily. Here are the tech and apps that I use these days.

My primary computer - also I use for gaming - is a custom built Skylake i5 desktop with 16GB RAM and an EVGA NVIDIA GTX1060 6GB graphics card. It's got 2 SSDs and 1 hybrid HD. With those specs it can run all the latest games and is compatible with all the Windows Mixed Reality games and SteamVR games. The case wasnt much fancy, just a simple black cooler master case.

like so, it wasn't that fancy
like so, it wasn't that fancy

I'm contented with my 21 inch 1080p AOC monitor. To complete the set I use a Das Keyboard 4 Professional and a Logitech G203 mouse. I'm not the RGB type.

When I'm mobile, I use a Microsoft Surface Book 2. It's the i5 8GB one with no discrete GPU model. I don't plan to do heavy gaming when on the go. I can use it as a laptop or a tablet. It's a very versatile mobile computer.

Chrome is still my primary browser on Windows 10 Pro. Microsoft Edge wasn't that good enough but I'm still trying to give it a chance every now and then. With the improvements of the recent April 2016 update it is worth trying. I have Office 365 which offers 1TB OneDrive space, which is where primarily I store my cloud files. I still have 1 month remaining on my Photoshop CC subscription which was included with the Surface Book 2 purchase which is not used often. These days I don't do complicated image manipulation so Paint .Net usually does the job. However, when it's time to manage and process pictures from my camera I use Photoshop Lightroom 6 purchased separately.Feedly is my primary news feed provider and probably the top visited site on my browser. I have a good collection of classical music in FLAC files but I use spotify for listening to music most of the time.

Development tools! I primarily use Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 for like 80% of my development needs. I use Microsoft Visual Studio Code for the remaining 20%. That 20% includes quick file viewing and quick file edits.

For more mobile needs, I have a 9.7 inch iPad Pro with no Pencil and no keyboard. It's very portable enough that I do all my media consumption, lightweight reading and all other casual browsing and stuffs there. It's powerful and lightweight enough that I sometimes think of not bringing my Surface Book 2 with me.

For mainstream photography, I use a Panasonic Lumix LX100. It uses a Leica lens which is fantastic and also has a pretty wide aperture of 1.7, letting me take clear pictures in the dark. Shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation and even the aspect ratio have their dedicated controls in it letting me change the settings pretty quick. I'm looking forward to whatever Panasonic would make it's next successor since it's main weakness is that it only has 16 Megapixels max.

Me and the Lumix LX100 that's me when I tried to recreate Stanley Kubrick's famous selfie

I use either a modded Sennheiser HD 558 or a Mee Audio Matrix2 to listen as I don't have any speakers. Now, for my audiophile needs this is a level up, I have a Sennheiser x Massdrop 6XX which is basically the venerable Sennheiser HD 650

20171115_041220322_iOS--Medium-

It is paired with an amplifier called Schiit Magni 3. It's a pretty popular headphone amplifier and it's made in USA. I hook it with my old HTC A9 which supports 24-bit, 192KHz lossless high-res audio loaded with all my Classical music FLAC files.

And now, my everyday carry, however, deserves a post on its own.